- Product Description
- Who Can Use It
- Fitting and Use Instructions
- Design Features
- Reviews (0)
End the Pain and Inconvenience. Crutches and Knee Scooters Are Obsolete!
Safe, stable, economical and easy to use, the iWALK2.0 is the obvious choice over conventional crutches or knee scooters. It allows people with lower leg non-weight bearing injuries to lead functional, hands free, pain free lives during their rehabilitation.
It’s a clinically proven, FDA and CE registered Class 1 Medical device.
Think of all the things you can’t do when using conventional crutches; preparing a meal, walking your dog, carrying a cup of coffee, pushing a shopping cart. You no longer need to have your life interrupted – the iWALK2.0 sets you free to resume your day to day routine and enjoy pain free, functional mobility.
- Before your injury, could you fluidly walk up and down stairs at a normal pace, without using a hand rail?
- Can you balance on one leg for at least 30 seconds?
If yes to both, then you have the physical capabilities to use the iWALK2.0. Before you buy, check the Who Can Use It tab for all qualifications.
Typical injuries that are indicated for iWALK2.0 include Achilles tendon rupture, sprained ankle, broken ankle, bunion, jones fracture, metatarsal fractures, broken foot and all other lower leg, non-weight bearing injuries.
iWALK2.0 Knee Crutch Hands Free Crutch Alternative
iWALK2.0 is an obvious alternative to conventional crutches, allowing its user:
- Hands free, pain free mobility
- Self-sufficiency through use of their hands
- The ability to lead functional lives again
- End the under-arm, hand and wrist pain from conventional crutches
- Efficiency of walking due to using their legs for support instead of their hands and arms
- Ability to navigate stairs with ease and safety
- Heightened well-being due to retaining an active, productive lifestyle
- Reduced atrophy
- Partial elevation of the injured limb
- Eliminates axillary nerve damage or carpal tunnel associated with conventional crutches
- Improved mobility
- Functional recovery
- Ability to function in day to day activities
- Ability to go up or down stairs
- Ability to return to work
Part Number: HFC20002BK / IWF-2OP
Certifications: FDA and CE
Weight: 2.2 kg
Dimensions: 42 x 20 x 14 cm
Who Can Use It
Before you buy let’s make sure iWALK2.0 will work for you:
The iWALK2.0 will work for most people, but not everyone. For your safety and satisfaction, before you buy, make sure you read and understand the sizing and user qualification guidelines.
Basic Physical Requirements:
Regardless of age, if you can pass these two physical ability tests, you should be capable of using the iWALK2.0. If you can’t pass, we’re sorry, but you probably cannot adapt to the iWALK2.0:
Stair Test – Before your injury, could you fluidly walk up and down stairs at a normal pace, without using a hand rail?
Balance Test – Can you balance on one foot for a full 30 seconds?
If you can do these two things, continue reading to ensure that iWALK 2.0 will work for you:
- Before your injury, could you walk without difficulty?
- Is your injury to one leg only?
- Is your injury below the knee?
- Can you bend your injured leg 90 degrees at the knee?
- Are you between 147cm (4’ 10”) and 198cm (6’ 6”)? (see sizing limitations below)
- Are you under 125kg?
- Is your upper thigh circumference (measured at the highest point of your thigh) 68.5cm or less?
If you answered yes to all, then read on, and get ready to ditch your crutches.
iWALK2.0 will work for you if:
- You commit to viewing and following the instructions for Fitting and Use BEFORE your first use
- You have average strength and balance
- You could walk without limitations prior to your injury or condition
- Your uninjured leg does not have any mobility limitations (example – arthritic knee)
- Your injury or condition is below the knee
- You can kneel on a stool or chair for one minute without pain or discomfort
- Your injured leg can bend 90 degrees at the knee
- You are motivated to have a hands free, pain free rehabilitation
- You are between 147cm (4’ 10”) and 198cm (6’ 6”) tall (for limitations, see company’s size chart)
- You weigh 125kg or less
iWALK2.0 is not suited for:
- People that insist on trying to use the device before viewing and understanding the Fitting and Use instructions provided
- Those with mobility limitations prior to their injury
- Those with impaired strength or balance
- Those with limited proprioception in their lower extremities
- Age limits – If you’re over 60, pay careful attention – iWALK2.0 might not be for you. It’s difficult to put an age limit on the iWALK2.0 because physical condition varies from individual to individual – especially in the elderly. iWALK2.0 has been used successfully by users in their 70s and beyond, but we’ve also seen people in their early 60s who couldn’t adapt. You do not need to be an elite athlete to use the iWALK2.0 – but you do need average strength and balance. Personal assessment and sound judgement are your best tools to determine if an elderly candidate will succeed on the iWALK2.0.
If you could walk without limitations pre-injury, then iWALK2.0 can give you back your ability to walk. If you couldn’t, then iWALK2.0 cannot give you what you did not have.
Fitting and Use Instructions
Go to iwalk-free.com/fitting-and-use-overview/ for videos, diagrams and pdf downloads.
- One size easily adjusts for user heights from 147cm (4’ 10”) to 198cm (6’ 6”) without tools – see detailed size chart
- Adapts for left or right leg in seconds without tools
- Ergonomically lateral offset foot design is self-stabilising and provides safety and confidence
- Replaceable treads provide traction and safety
- Change height in seconds for using shoes with different height
- Easily accommodates all leg types including valgus (knock kneed) and varus (bow legged)
- Easy to adjust comfortable straps
- Assembly is quick, easy and tool free
- Breaks down in seconds for easy storage or transport
- No latex – hypoallergenic materials